Entomology departments often receive more calls about termites than any other household insect. Subterranean termites are serious pests, whose control can be accomplished by the homeowner. Termites and termite management can be confusing, however, and there are more options available today than ever before. Some of the most common termite questions raised by homeowners are listed below:
- Why worry about termites?
- Why are infestations often discovered during March through May?
- How will I know if my home is infested?
- Can I treat the house myself?
- Which treatment methods and products are most effective?
- Does the entire house need to be treated, or can they just treat areas where I see termites?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Will the chemicals harm my family or pets?
- Have I been “cheated” if termites continue to infest my house after treatment?
For answers to these questions and more, please visit your nearest Pestop location.